Friday, June 17, 2011

I'm back....Happy Father's Day!

Wowzers!!!  Well, if my very few followers haven't noticed......I haven't blogged in TWO MONTHS.  I NEED CREATIVITY!  I started the CRNA program on May 31st.  Prior to that, I felt like a mad-woman trying to make sure everything was in order and finished with work before starting school.  Not to mention, a surprise trip to Vegas for my sister's 30th.  I still can't believe we are both in our thirties now!  AND, I REALLY can't believe we pulled off the surprise Vegas trip without her knowing.  She didn't know until 10 minutes before we arrived at the airport where we were going......and the surprises just kept coming when we got there--from family showing up to her bestie from New York, it was a helluva trip.

So, here I am...back in school.  I am so itchy to paint, sew, bake, ANYTHING artsy right now I feel like I could go crazy!  The most creative I have been since starting back to school is hot-gluing bling-blings on my big hat for my sister's birthday hat party.  And yes, we have partied for a month for her 30th.  Those that know her will attest--"it's all about her!"  Anyway, the long and the short is.....I'm back.  I started this blog so I would have a creative outlet that wouldn't make a big living room mess and that I could do while in school.  Maybe I'll tackle a small project this weekend...besides studying my "bone box."  I've got 2 blank canvases staring me in the face and I don't even have to brainstorm about what to paint!  I already know what I want to do!!!....but, until I get a big enough school break....this blog will have to do. 

With Father's Day approaching, I'll end this blog with a blip on my dad.  He is the best...and if I haven't said it a million times, I should--I AM SO BLESSED WITH THE BEST FAMILY.  My dad came up last night for a program at school.  We were supposed to have our "support person" come with.  I think that usually means a spouse, while not being in that position, I knew exactly who to call.  Dad.  And, he was more than happy to come up and such a joy.  My dad is hilarious.  I would probably have a more popular blog if I just blogged about the stories he tells.  He really is kind of a red-neck...and I love him.  He calls with stories about varmint traps--apparently, he has the sweetest grubs in Northwest Arkansas because he has to trap all of the armadildos...no, that is not a typo.  (I think he says stuff like that to get a rise out of us.)  Anyway, all of the armadillos in Northwest Arkansas apparently dine in his backyard and he traps them in his varmint trap to take them down to the "back 40" for a little funeral because otherwise, they terrorize his 4, yes 4, German Shepherds that live like dog royalty in his backyard.  Plus, if you didn't know, armadillos are nasty creatures that carry leprosy. 

This is the same man that will stand outside with a cup of coffee at daybreak as quiet as can be to catch the moles that tear up his yard.  Just last week I called and he answered in a whisper because he was "on a lookout."  "Dad, what are you on a lookout for?  And why are you whispering?"....."Gotta go, shug (short for sugar)--I'm catching moles."

My dad is one of the most intelligent people I know, and definitely one of the funniest.  He is the genius pharmacist that knows everything about every drug....meanwhile, his keys are locked in his car or stuck in the front door.  He makes up pet names for all of us, as well as all of his dogs.  I forget his male's name most of the time because he has about 5 names for the dog!  I have started keeping a list of "dadisms" because he says things that always make me do a double take.  "Shug, it don't get greener 'en goose-shit"  means the light is green so you better go.  "Light a far."  "Far" meaning "fire.  I could type a bunch of these, but I won't embarrass him.

I love that my dad loves history and traveling and his big desire to learn, learn, learn.....and while he doesn't get my artwork from college and he loves to make fun of the music I listen to, he actually really respects me and loves that that is what makes me, ME.  I could go on, but I won't......some of the pics tell it better.  Happy Father's Day DAD!!!

At Mayan ruins

Dad making fun of how I pose for pictures.....he's just about right-on....

Seaweed King bobbing around in the ocean with me......as I get stung by Jellyfish!

I think he'd be embarrassed if he saw this pic all over the internet....but, I love it.

Tailgaiting with his girls......

Our first "Bullethole" experience--fantastic!!!

Did I mention what a good teacher he is???

Okay....this picure is probably over ten years old.  He went with me to Seattle for my boyfriend 's (at the time) Military Ball.

Deep-sea fishing somewhere between Cancun and Cuba, I caught the fish Dad is standing next to.  I know I look like a 13-year-old boy.  My uncle helped me reel this 91 inch, 80+ lb Sailfish in as I was about to puke from sea-sickness!  My dad thougth it was a super-cool fish, so he had it mounted and shipped back to the State.  What the hell am I supposed to do with this damn fish?!!!  It's been following me around for years now--a giant reminder of good times with Dad!

God bless our fathers and loved ones!  Love you, Dad!!!
Sweet dreams.......

No comments:

Post a Comment