Monday, June 20, 2011

For the love of eHarmony.....

I'll follow my last "First Date Oopsie" blog with one I like to call, "For the love of eHarmony!!!"  I will be the first to admit I've tried online dating.  Where's a single girl to meet guys?!  Okay, well, it's not THAT hard to meet guys, but it is hard to find guys looking for the same thing you are.  Can I get an "Amen, Sista!"?!!  So I have done quite a bit of "match" dating and only a little of "eHarmony."  I think I liked "match" better, but I think the men on it are a small pool of men that have probably been out with some of my single friends...and a lot of people on "match" truthfully, in my opinion, are looking just to "hook-up."  I am not looking just to "hook-up," nor have I ever.  But, I did give "match" a few solid tries--who knows?  Maybe I'll do it again.  The one (and maybe only) eHarmony date I remember was a special one.

I met this guy for drinks at a local restaurant.  He was very nice, obviously, since we were matched up on the site.  He was fairly good looking and had an outgoing personality.  Unfortunately, within 10 minutes of the conversation, I threw him in the "friend zone."  So this was a few years ago and I don't remember all of the details of our conversation, but two things stood out.  I remember he talked about being a part of Big Brothers/Big Sisters, which really intrigued me.  That was probably my first interest in the program.  AND, can I just say....I HAVE THE COOLEST LITTLE SIS EVER NOW!

The other detail I remember was his profession, which I found very interesting, at first.  He said he was in medical device sales.  Cool!  With both of my parents being pharmacists and my sister being in pharma sales, I totally get anything health care related.  Not to mention, I was in nursing school at the time.  "So tell me about what you sell?"  I asked.  This guy was very proud of his product.  "Well, I sell a product for erectile dysfunction."  He then went into all kinds of detail about this device.  Totally interesting.....until he continued to go on......and on.  The date ended with us walking out to the parking lot and he wanted to show me what he sold.  I was trying to be very polite, "That's okay, I get the picture."  To which he replied, "No.  Come here.  It's the coolest thing."  He popped open his trunk, and pulled out a penis-pump.  And I thought that might be the end of that......then he grabbed my arm and hooked it up to this penis-pump.  I kept saying, "I hope this isn't used!"

So there I was.  My first eHarmony date.  Standing in the parking lot with cars driving by and my arm hooked up to a penis-pump.  Fantastic!!!

Sweet dreams......

2 comments:

  1. My MA is basically in online dating and I can say, without a doubt, that it is the fodder of most of those cringe-worthy moments seen in movies. One day I'll write a script or a book - depends on how many more dates I get through! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HILARIOUS!!! I've done a bit of online dating too - but just a free site - MISTAKE NUMBER ONE! I'd love to share the story - but I'd be afraid he'd read it and then I'd feel bad! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete