Friday, April 1, 2011

Purple Tulip Dreams

I am so excited to start this blog!  I have tried blogging in the past, but have always been too embarrassed to post to the public.  Well....sista needs an outlet!  I have signed up for three years of left-brained activity starting May 31, 2011.  I will begin a nurse anesthesia program and while I am super-stoked-excited about this program, I NEED right-brained activity to keep my left-brain functioning.  My friends that know me well, know that I have always been a little artsy.  Shortly after my biology degree, I packed up for Florence, Italy for a solid year to study art restoration and design.  My art classes are what happened to GET me through my biology degree! 

So.  Here I am.  I hope to blog about my creative projects, both past and present--and they really are all over the place.  I will probably blog about the other day-dream things that I am passionate about......minus crazy Kansas City boys and my social life (although highly entertaining will at least keep that to a minimum to avoid total embarrassment.)

My title, "Purple Tulip Dreams" comes from a few things.  Purple is my favorite color.  Purple tulips happen to be my favorite flowers.  My first (and only) business was called Tulipano Viola (dba Purple Tulip).  It was a faux finish and mural painting business.  While I can paint up a storm for hours on end, I totally suck at business.  I can do a lot of things, but managing money, marketing, and sales--not my thing.  Not knowing how much money I had coming in during the month stressed me out!  As for the dreams.....I am a huge day-dreamer.  When I go to bed at night, I feel like I dream all night long.  I have very vivid dreams.  If I'm not totally occupied with every being of my left-brain, I am staring off in space--day-dreaming about traveling, art, food, boys, events, wine, martinis, singing, dancing, my dogs, family, friends, why the squirrels outside insist on throwing nuts at my car, grocery lists, etc....etc...etc....you get the idea.  I love to dream, both awake and sleeping.

So welcome to my blog!  My little creative therapy to get me through three very exciting, yet challenging years of my life!

1 comment: